NASA got in on the fun with a blog comparing real planets to the ones depicted in Star Wars, including Saturn's moon, Mimas, which has become known as the "Death Star" moon thanks to its distinctive crater.
May the Fourth started off as a fun little phrase for fans of Star Wars to share with one another once a year, but has become a bigger worldwide celebration in recent years.
Disney, who own the film franchise, are hosting a number of events at their parks, including special Star Wars Nights on May 5 and 6 at Disneyland Paris.
The day is a chance for character costumes, trivia contests and general celebration of the wildly popular film series.
That's May 4th as in, "May the 4th be with you".
Disney's aggressive theatrical schedule will feature three "Star Wars" titles in the next two years: Episode VIII, a.k.a. His scores for The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and The Force Awakens each were nominated for Oscars for Best Original Score. If you want to save money on Star Wars merchandise, today's the day to do it, with thousands of items on promotions across Amazon's "Star Wars Day Sale Page". Check out these Star Wars themed recipes. "Hey, did you see CP3's cameo in Rogue One?".
Centre opposes Triple Talaq, next hearing on May 15
In her claim, which she filed in February 2016, she said the triple talaq rule allows Muslim men to "treat their wives like "chattels".
Volunteer to organize a May the Fourth event at your local public library.
The day has its share of critics too.
Star Wars Day takes place every year on May 4th, which is fairly common knowledge.
Mark Hamill has given unsuspecting Star Wars fans the surprise of their intergalactic lives while re-enacting some of his most iconic scenes as Luke Skywalker.
May the Fourth be with you!
- Experts struggle to fix NHS cyber-hack
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis welcomes feeling of optimism at The Hawthorns
- USA warns against North Korea travel after Pyongyang arrests 4th American
- NHS faces weekend of chaos after global cyber attack cripples hospitals' computers
- François Hollande préside mercredi son dernier Conseil des ministres
- Oil jumps on drop in USA petroleum stocks, possible OPEC cut extension
- With Comey Out, Acting FBI Director Faces Senate Intel Committee
- Cypress Wealth Advisors LLC Sells 5664 Shares of Pfizer Inc. (PFE)
- Dans un tweet, Trump menace l'ex-patron du FBI
- BC Green leader begins talks with other parties