The statue is one of three monuments to Confederate leaders slated for removal in New Orleans.
Earlier this week, supporters of preserving the monuments claimed that newly uncovered documents show the city of New Orleans is not the rightful owner of the equestrian statue at the end of Esplanade Avenue at New Orleans City Park, but that it actually belongs to the City Park Improvement Association.
The huge bronze image of Beauregard on horseback sits in the center of a traffic circle at the entrance to New Orleans City Park.
People who want to see the monuments removed also gathered at the site and cheered at the sight of heavy trucks and a crane moving into place.
Marksbury, an associate professor of Asian studies at Tulane University, said after the ruling that he would consider taking his case to the state 4th Circuit Court of Appeal and up to the state Supreme Court if necessary.
Charlie Hunnam Talks About The Challenges Of Playing 'King Arthur'
During the chat with Graham , Guy presented his leading man with a sword he had promised him during filming. Below, watch the King Arthur: Legend of the Sword featurette on Vortigern ( Jude Law ).
WDSU reporter Jennifer Crockett said a trial date has not been set to determine ownership, but a trial would not matter if the city took the monument down before.
In making his ruling, Reese noted that various lawsuits over the Beauregard statue as well as monuments to Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis and the Reconstruction-era insurrection known as the Battle of Liberty Place have gone on for more than a year.
"The longer it takes to go ahead and rip off the Band-Aid, the longer this wound will fester", he told Reese.
Reese denied the injunction, which would have stopped the removal of the monument until it was determined who owned the monument.
- Windows 10 S and Surface Laptop - a new lightweight version
- NCAA lacrosse tournament a sign of more parity
- Conor McGregor inspired Charlie Hunnam for King Arthur
- How to watch West Brom vs. Chelsea
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Palace Releases New Photo of Princess Charlotte Ahead of Her 2nd Birthday
- COMAC C-919: China's indigenously developed jetliner takes off
- Low-end Samsung Z4 smartphone goes official with productivity-focused Tizen 3.0
- Q2 2017 Earnings Forecast for Ardelyx Inc Issued By Wedbush (ARDX)
- Rangers head into offseason after second-round playoff loss