An Irish citizen has died as a result of a stabbing in the village of Taghazout, near the popular holiday resort of Agadir in Morocco.
Local media report that a man in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of the murder of an Irish woman on Wednesday morning.
The woman, who lived in Taghazout, in the south-west coastal region of Morocco, died after being stabbed.
Police attended the scene and found the Irish national with head injuries, believed to have been committed with a knife, according to local news Le 360.
Attention danger, alertent des chirurgiens esthétiques — Eplucher un avocat
La plupart des blessures sont occasionnées lorsque les amateurs d'avocats tentent de déloger le noyau à l'aide d'un couteau. Bien souvent l'ustensile finit dans leurs mains entraînant de graves blessures nécessitant des interventions chirurgicales.
The suspect suffered injuries to his face and reports say he was intoxicated.
The Department of Foreign Affairs has said they aware of the case and will provide consular assistance if requested.
A 40-year-old man has been arrested and is being questioned by police.
- Trump to back Palestinian self-determination in trip to Israel
- South Korea's prez scraps state textbooks to 'normalise history education'
- U.S., China Strike Trade Deal On Beef, Poultry And Natural Gas
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) ,NovaGold Resources Inc. (NG)
- Sheriff: Gunman kills Ohio police chief, 2 nursing home workers
- Police chief, 3 others dead after Licking County nursing home shooting
- Scores of countries hit by cyber attack using stolen NSA tools
- Appalachia's approach to drugs at odds with AG policy
- Quatrième finale de la saison pour Kristina Mladenovic — Tennis
- FedEx hit as NSA-linked ransomware spreads around the world