Federal Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal on Friday said agreements for the construction of an worldwide airport and expressway in Gwadar and upgradation of railway track ML-1 were on the agenda of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif during his week-long visit to China.
The KP Chief Minister travelled along the Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, Sindh CM Murad Ali Shah and Balochistan CM Nawab Sanaullah Zehri as part of the Prime Minister's entourage to participate in the One Belt, One Road Forum being held in Beijing on May 14-15.
The KP Chief Minister said the reservations of his province over the western route of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) had been settled and there were no apprehensions about it.
Real Madrid were never afraid of Atletico comeback, insists Marcelo
The Frenchman spent five seasons as a player with the Italian giants before making a big-money move to Real in 2001. They are in the final and have players and great talent.
Saad Rafique told APP that the railway track from Karachi upto Landikotal, Torkham would be upgraded and the speed of the trains on the route would be doubled from 80 to 160 kilometer per hour besides improvement in the signalling system.
He termed CPEC a mega project destined to ensure prosperity of the region besides improving communication and connectivity.
He said Pakistan and China were expected to sign a new framework for the revival and upgradation of Main Line-1 (ML- 1) from Karachi to Peshawar during the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's current visit to China. "We are visiting China as Pakistanis and not as representatives of political parties", he said.
- US approves $2 billion arms sale to UAE
- Trump's lawyers say tax returns show little income from Russian sources
- Microsoft's new Fluent Design for Windows 10 takes on Google's Material Design
- Chelsea hopeful of sealing title at West Brom - Courtois
- Mourinho demands more from Manchester United fans
- Some Republicans express concern over Comey firing, call for special prosecutor
- Le ministère russe de l'Intérieur également touché — Cyberattaque
- Lance Armstrong n'est pas mort et le montre
- Ransom Software Takes Over Computers In England's NHS Hospital System
- The Trade Desk reports $4.9 million net income for first quarter