According to reports, Syed Uj Jaman, a Muslim law student from Dankuni in Kolkata's neighbouring Hooghly district of West Bengal, registered a complaint against Imam Barkati at a local police station on Friday.
"This "gentleman" Barkati has been saying such kind of things for a very long time".
"If RSS has plans to make India a Hindu country, we will protest and fight against it".
Defying Centre's order, Barkati earlier said that he would continue to use the red-beacon as the permission for it was given by the erstwhile "British Government".
Last month, PM Modi banned red and blue beacons, without exception, and decided that these could be used only by vehicles used by emergency services.
"I am a religious leader and have been using the red beacon for the past several decades".
Brewers place OF Ryan Braun on DL with strained left calf
This means some combination of Hernan Perez, Eric Thames or Nick Franklin will fill in for Braun in left field. The Milwaukee Brewers have placed outfielder Ryan Braun on the 10-day disabled list with a left calf strain.
An FIR in the connection of the case was lodged by one Suraj Kumar Singh in Topsia on Thursday.
"As the Shahi Imam I declare that those Muslims who support RSS or BJP would be outcasted and if they try to put up a meeting or rally around this place I will beat them up myself", Barkati had said at a press conference. The state government should take action against him immediately.
This led to the filing of a police compliant against Barkati by a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader on Wednesday who alleged that the cleric was flouting rules laid down by the Centre.
Addressing a press meet today, Chaudhary said that Barkati's comment was anti-constitution.
He said, as a religious leader, using the red beacon is his privilege. This was the logic he derived while justifying his decision to keep the red beacon on his auto.
- Rafael Nadal sets up semi-final clash with Novak Djokovic in Madrid
- 'Teacher' Shashi Tharoor teaches netizens new English word 'farrago'
- This Sean Spicer Lawn Ornament Belongs Among Your Bushes
- Taking a Fresh Look at Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- I'm at Chelsea to stay: Conte
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis welcomes feeling of optimism at The Hawthorns
- Mehdi Benatia receives apology after ending interview over racist insult
- Trump warns ex-FBI director Comey about 'leaks' in explosive Twitter rant
- Real Madrid : Zidane botte en touche pour les deux recrues
- Chipping away at EU: Banksy's take on Brexit seen in Dover