At least 10 laborers were martyred in a terrorist attack in Pushtugan area of Gwadar District on Saturday, Aaj News reported. Two labourers wounded in the shootings were taken to hospital where one of them died from his injuries, Zareef said. They then fled the scene. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
Suspected separatists often target non-native labourers in the province. The city administration Gwadar has confirmed all the victims belonged to Naushero Feroz, city of Sindh.
Frontier Corps, police and Levies personnel have reached the spot and an investigation was underway.
Taking notice of the incident, Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri expressed grief over the loss of innocent lives.
The attack comes a day after a suicide bombing targeted a convoy of Deputy Chairman Senate Maulana Abdul Ghafoor Haideri.
Des hôpitaux britanniques et des entreprises espagnoles ciblés — Cyberattaque
D'autres pays à travers le monde ont été également touchés par l'attaque: l'Australie, la Belgique, l'Allemagne, l'Italie, le Mexique et.la France.
According to the sources, the attackers first killed the laborers who were busy in construction work. The forces have been deployed to ensure safety of locals and foreigners working on CPEC projects.
The government has deployed a Maritime Security Force (MSF) and Special Security Division (SSD) to protect projects under CPEC, including Gwadar and other coastal areas.
The incident came as Pakistan and China inked various infrastructure agreements, including on setting up ports and for further developing Gwadar port, ahead of the One Belt, One Road (OBOR) forum that begins on Sunday.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.
- CIA sets up unit to address North Korean threat
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl Inc (VRX) Price Target Raised to $14.00 at Scotiabank
- How will history remember Conte's Chelsea champions?
- Edmonton and Anaheim mayors bet beer, tourism promotions on playoff series
- Lawmakers want answers from the White House after Trump's 'tapes' tweet
- Marco Silva: Hull players were too tense in Sunderland defeat
- Hollande prévoit "une passation de pouvoirs "simple, claire et amicale"
- Insider Activity for Investors: Varonis Systems, Inc. (VRNS)
- Russian Federation blames outside interference for Macedonian parliament violence
- Attorney general orders tougher sentences, rolling back Obama policy