"France have really improved over the last two years so they'll be a tough team".
Reigning champions New Zealand will have Southern Hemisphere rivals South Africa for company in Pool B along with Six Nations whipping boys Italy, who it must be said could not have faced a more hard draw given the calibre of the All Blacks and the Springboks at the World Cup.
France, though, are showing signs of considerable improvement under new head coach Guy Noves, and Argentina are consistent top-drawer performers at World Cup tournaments.
Japan caused a massive upset in the last World Cup when they lowered the colours of the Springboks in the Pool stages, while Scotland's victory over Joe Schmidt's men in this year's Six Nations at Murrayfield illustrated how risky Gregor Townsend's side are.
Ireland will fancy their chances of topping the group and making it to a Rugby World Cup semi-final for the first time in their history.
U.S., China Strike Trade Deal On Beef, Poultry And Natural Gas
China has purchased negligible amounts of USA beef products since imposing a ban in 2003 over concerns about "mad cow" disease. US trade experts offered a more muted assessment, calling the agreement a modest fulfillment of past assurances made by China.
Scotland beat Japan in a match played just four days after that historic triumph over the Springboks, and the Japanese just failed to get out of the pool.
Wales once again find themselves in direct competition with the Wallabies, a team they have consistently struggled to beat during head coach Warren Gatland's nine-year coaching reign.
Samoa, against whom Wales scraped a victory at World Cup 2011 in New Zealand, are also likely to feature in the group as Oceania 1, with Americas 2 completing the picture.
"This is great news and a tribute to the work that the sport has been doing in recent years to stay in tune and relevant to modern South Africa", he said.
The top two teams from each pool will reach the quarter-finals, where England v Wales looks distinctly possible given the knockout stage draw bracket (full details below). Pool D victor v Pool C runner-up 4. South Africa staged the football World Cup in 2010 and jointly held cricket's World Cup with Zimbabwe and Kenya in 2003. Europe 1 will be the winners of the Rugby Europe Championship (excluding Georgia, who have already qualified). Pool C is the toughest on paper, pitting England against France, Argentina, Americas 1 and Oceania 2.
- New Orleans Removes Jefferson Davis Statue
- N'Golo Kante on the bench for West Brom clash
- Attention danger, alertent des chirurgiens esthétiques — Eplucher un avocat
- Quatrième finale de la saison pour Kristina Mladenovic — Tennis
- Hollande fait ses adieux au gouvernement, soucieux d'assurer la"transmission"
- Lakeridge Health reports tech problems amid global cyberextortion attack
- Central Intelligence Agency special unit focus on North Korea activities
- Teacher held without bond; reportedly admitted to sex with student
- South Korea's prez scraps state textbooks to 'normalise history education'
- FedEx hit as NSA-linked ransomware spreads around the world