Petrofac shares fell almost 13 percent on the news as the SFO confirmed, later on Friday, that it had launched an investigation into the activities of Petrofac and its subsidiaries, their officers, employees and agents for suspected bribery, corruption and money laundering.
Petrofac said it is aware of the new investigation, which is in connection with a historic probe into dealings at the Ahsani family run Unaoil. Unaoil is facing investigation in the United Kingdom and Petrofac has conducted its own probe into its relationship with the contractor, concluding in August a year ago that it didn't find evidence that confirmed the payment of bribes. The company said it is cooperating with authorities.
Bradley Scores Playoff High 29, Celtics Beat Wizards, Take 3-2 Lead
The Celtics shot 65 percent from the field in the first quarter and 53 percent overall, including 16 of 33 on 3-point attempts. They're trying to make it bigger than what it needs to be. "When we took shots, they were just leaking out and getting out".
Petrofac confirmed that its chief executive, Ayman Asfari, and chief operating officer Marwan Chedid have been questioned under caution by the SFO.
The scandal adds to the company's woes as it grapples with a almost three-year slump in crude prices that has battered the oil services sector.
- Badstuber quitte le Bayern Munich — OFFICIEL
- Middle school teacher kills herself after accusations of sex with a student
- Nouvelle procédure disciplinaire ouverte contre l'OL
- PM, chief ministers travel to China to attend Belt and Road Forum
- Everything you need to know about the Galaxy S8's camera
- TSX lower as Home Capital, big banks weigh
- Axelrod: It takes a lot of work to lose to Trump
- Bairstow sends England selectors reminder of his one-day batting power
- Texas bill could deny transgender wrestler title defense
- Google commence son tour de France des formations aux compétences numériques — Angers