This morning, following the broadcast of a narrative-shifting NBC News interview in which he contradicted much of what his administration had been saying over the previous two days regarding his firing of FBI Director James Comey, President Donald Trump took to Twitter to defend the false statements given by his staff.
Trump told Lester Holt that Comey's firing was "set up a while ago". Spicer will return to the podium for Friday's White House press briefing after missing most of the week because of obligations as a member of the U.S. Navy reserve.
Trump tweeted Friday, "James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!"
He added, "The Fake Media is working overtime today!" "Again, the story that there was collusion between the Russians & Trump campaign was fabricated by Dems as an excuse for losing the election", he tweeted.
"Some people in the press will not be able to get in", he said at the time.
Garcia makes hole-in-one at Players' famed island-green 17th
Twelve-under has been the winning score twice in the last eight years - by Henrik Stenson in 2009 and Rickie Fowler in 2015. Moreover, having won here just two years ago, some are considering Fowler one of the favorites this weekend.
"As a very active President with lots of things happening, it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with ideal accuracy!.", he wrote.
In an early morning tweet that came after a barrage of criticism for the way the White House had repeatedly changed the details of its story over the firing of Mr Comey, the president said that because of his busy schedule and with lots of things happening, it was not "possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with flawless accuracy".
Trump was responding to the fallout from his Thursday NBC News interview about the firing of James Comey as Federal Bureau of Investigation director earlier in the week.
"He's a showboat, he's grandstander, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has been in turmoil", Trump said of Comey in his wide-ranging interview with Holt on Thursday.
- AAP takes EVM protest to Election Commission
- China's Xi discusses nuclear issue with new South Korean president
- Haiti will ask US to renew immigration benefits
- Hillary Clinton reportedly had mixed feelings over Comey firing
- RSS worker hacked to death in suspected retaliatory attack
- Microsoft launches Android app to manage its Azure cloud computing platform
- Rachid Ghezzal pourrait finalement rester — Lyon
- Labour thinks it can win back seats in Glasgow from SNP
- Hamas elects Haniyeh as political head
- Manche : un professeur retrouvé mort par ses élèves sur Orange