Thomas finished with 24 points, and the Celtics have now won three straight games in this series after losing the first two.
"Everyone knows he's a good defender".
The East's top-ranked Boston Celtics rallied back to take a 3-2 series lead over the No. 8 Chicago Bulls, and the two teams face off in a potentially decisive Game 6 on Friday.
"You expect him to do what he does defensively, but we gave up 24 points to him tonight. He hurt us offensively tonight more than anything".
Isaiah Thomas #4 of the Boston Celtics carries the ball against the Atlanta Hawks during the second quarter at TD Garden on February 27, 2017 in Boston, Massachusetts.
Isaiah Canaan, who will get the starting nod on Friday night, played decently in his first start with the Bulls this season in Game 5, scoring 13 points in 36 minutes. Jimmy Butler is averaging 22.6 points and 7.4 rebounds while Dwyane Wade is averaging 17.6 points and 4.2 assists.
Deutsche Bank AG Reiterates "Buy" Rating for Nostrum Oil & Gas PLC (NOG)
BP plc (NYSE:BP) traded up 0.57% during trading on Thursday, reaching $35.21. 19,933,497 shares of the company were exchanged. Knights of Columbus Asset Advisors LLC acquired a new stake in shares of Total SA during the first quarter worth $2,964,000.
"I said it earlier: We went to Chicago knowing that we were going to win those games, not hoping", Bradley said. If the Celtics' key players can have a repeat of Game 5, then the Celtics will be in really good shape to finish up this series.
Thomas hit both free throws after the technicals along with two from the line in between on the foul that frustrated Wade into the technical. "That was my goal this game, and I feel like I did it", Bradley said. He scored 26 points, grabbed 11 rebounds, and dished out eight assists, all of which were his highs for this postseason.
The game was relatively choppy for the Celtics in the first half with missed shot after missed shot.
Wall's bucket answered a basket by Atlanta's Dennis Schroder that brought the Hawks within 101-99. He also scored the game-sealing shot, a 21-foot jumper with 47 seconds remaining. "I try to be aggressive, and so far in this series it hasn't done me harm". The Boston Celtics have won six of their last nine road games. If the C's can channel those efforts and counter Chicago's desperation, they should be able to grab their fourth win of the series and move on to the second round.
- Glenn J. Rufrano Acquires 32000 Shares of Vereit Inc (VER) Stock
- Yes Bank posts divergences of Rs 4177 crore in gross NPAs
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' blasts off globally
- Trump to hold crunch meeting on Paris climate deal
- Stenhouse Jr. ends long drought to win Geico 500
- Courtois: Winning title with Conte more special than with Mourinho
- Zinedine Zidane: Patient Real Madrid will not be favourites against Juventus
- Potomak Duo Named to Canada's Centralization Roster
- Former acting AG Yates claims she warned WH about Flynn's Russian Federation ties
- Murray, Djokovic and Nadal back Pique's 'World Cup' plans