Season 4 has been the show's most praise-worthy run so far, with the decision to split the season into three chunks (Ghost Rider, LMDs, and The Framework) resulting in a constantly-evolving, attention-grabbing viewing experience. Agent Coulson, has been averaging 4.3 million total viewers and a 1.5 in the 18-49 demographic during its fourth season. But without a guaranteed renewal, it became increasingly harder to ignore the elephant in the room.
How excited are you to hear that Agents of SHIELD has cheated death once again in order to secure a fifth season at ABC? ABC has renewed its Marvel low-rated drama for a fifth season set to unfold next fall and which will include the show's 100 Episode - a milestone many fans began to question whether the show would hit as a result of the show's status as one of ABC's lowest rated series. It brought back old characters like Ward and Trip, killed off new characters like Jeffrey Mace and had a general sense of doom and gloom. When speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Jed Whedon said "We were told to write a season finale, so we wrote a season finale, not a series finale".
This new probably doesn't come as too much of a surprise.
Putin aide says Moscow unconcerned about Comey
President Donald Trump's meeting with Russian diplomats is being heavily criticized by USA photographers today. The White House has already begun its search for a new Federal Bureau of Investigation director.
The series is important to ABC corporate-wise as a platform for launching other parts of the Disney/Marvel franchise.
The cast of Agents of SHIELD, who are all still employed.
At least now, if next week's finale ends on a cliffhanger, it won't be an unresolved one.
- Germany posts 0.6 percent Q1 GDP growth
- Limogeage du chef du FBI, de nouvelles hypothèses
- Leonard won't play in Game 6 for Spurs
- Champions League: Zinedine Zidane excited by "beautiful final" against Juventus F.C.
- Trump, South Korea's Moon agree to cooperate on North Korea
- Corée du Sud : qui est Moon Jae-in le nouveau président
- Morrissey biopic to close Edinburgh film festival
- Australian senator breastfeeds baby on floor of Parliament
- Syria says no to worldwide force patrolling safe zones
- Senate Panel Told Flynn 'Could be Blackmailed by the Russians'