It was raised by a member of the House, Ibrahim Gama, who is representing Nasarawa state constituency.
The Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission had opened an investigation into allegations of "questionable expenditures" running into billions of naira by the council over a short period of time.
"While I want to make a passionate appeal to our dear Governor Ganduje and the state lawmakers not exercise their full strength against whatever perceived wrong doings by Malam Sanusi led Emirate in Kano, I believe like other opinion leaders have said that there should be a way to amicably settle the differences".
"His allegation has caused a lot of insult to me, the state government, as well as the House of Assembly by the general public - in and outside the state".
It said: "The attention of the leadership of Arewa Consultative Forum has been drawn to the simmering crisis between the Kano State government and the Kano Emirate Council".
"We only spent four days (in China) and our mission was to find out the capability of the company to handle the rail project but not to secure any loan as alleged by the emir", Gama told the assembly.
"There are many responsible Emirate Council members who can represent him at the program".
Korean president hints at scrapping deal with Japan over sexual slavery
Moon told Abe to "look straight at history" and not make the past "a barrier", South Korea's presidential office said. The leaders agreed to strengthen their countries' alliance.
He also accused Mr. Sanusi for introducing religious issues that are contrary to the teachings of Islam, saying such things are capable of disgracing the religion.
According to Gama, the emir's daughter's dressing embarrassed the emirate council and the tradition of the Kano people.
He also accused Sanusi of "intentionally attacking President Muhammadu Buhari whenever he got an opportunity to speak at a public gathering", which he said contravened the culture of the traditional ruler.
The Speaker, Kabiru Rurum, after a long debate, set up a committee to investigate the allegations, mandating it to report back in two weeks.
Furthermore, the report alleged that the Islamic scholar gathered his adherents at Goron Dutse quarters, where he made statements to incite disturbance and defame the monarch.
In his ruling, the presiding magistrate, Hassan Fagge, granted the defendant bail in the sum of N1m, including two reliable sureties.
- Liberal Democrats pledge to legalise cannabis, back 'regulated market' in UK
- Masters 1000 de Madrid. Murray éliminé dès les huitièmes de finale
- IAMGOLD Corp (IMG) Receives Average Recommendation of "Hold" from Brokerages
- US Justice Department To Investigate Police Shooting Of Black Texas Teen
- Bill O'Reilly hints he may take legal action over firing
- Charles River Laboratories Intl. Inc (CRL) Releases FY17 Earnings Guidance
- Trump's former NSA Michael Flynn subpoenaed in Russia probe
- Amy Schumer's New Movie Is Getting Razzed
- Watch Manchester United v Celta de Vigo Live Stream
- Anil Kumar, Jyoti add two bronze to hosts' tally