In addition to the state grants within the 21st Century Cures Act, committee investigations also led to legislative solutions that ultimately were included in the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA). This first round totals $485 million to be distributed among all 50 states, the District of Columbia and six US territories.
The HHS funding is the first of two rounds provided under the 21st Century Cures Act, enacted by Congress and signed by former President Barack Obama in December 2016. A key provision of the bipartisan bill is the significant funding provided to prevent and treat opioid addiction. The priorities the secretary outlined are welcomed and needed.
As part of the 21st Century Cures Act, the Department of Health and Human Services announced the first round of grants to help states and territories combat the opioid epidemic.
President Trump Reassures Egyptian Leader After Palm Sunday Church Bombings
I have great confidence that President Al Sisi will handle situation properly", Trump wrote on his official Twitter account. After the bombings, Sisi ordered military deployments to guard "vital and important infrastructure", his office said.
Over the past three-plus years, as IN has been devastated by opioid abuse and heroin use, Donnelly has actively fought for both new efforts to help with prevention, treatment, and recovery and the funding necessary to support those programs. "I agree with him that every effort and available resource should be at our disposal to fight this scourge that is harming so many West Virginians", said Senator Capito.
"Families across Texas have had their lives destroyed by opioid addiction, an epidemic that millions in our country continue to grapple with".
- 'Locke and Key' Pilot From Carlton Cuse Set at Hulu
- Wits students protest over accommodation
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- Man arrested over Borussia Dortmund team bus attack
- New James Bond movie sparks bidding war among five studios
- Car gets dragged along California freeway as driver waves for help
- French police hunting second suspect after Paris attack
- Browns zero in on No. 1 pick, trade for veteran QB unlikely
- ADTRAN (ADTN) Given News Sentiment Score of
- Arkansas Executes First Inmate Since 2005