His last directorial effort, Sully, about the titular passenger plane pilot who made a successful emergency landing on New York's Hudson River in 2009, became a hit for Eastwood and lead actor Tom Hanks past year (16), while 2014 release American Sniper, which starred Bradley Cooper as Navy S.E.A.L. sniper Chris Kyle, won an Oscar for sound editing in 2015.
The movie will be based on the book The 15:17 to Paris: The True Story of a Terrorist, a Train, and Three American Heroes, which was written by Sadler, Skarlatos, Stone and Jeffrey E. Stern. The three Americans - two of them off-duty members of the armed forces - charged at the gunman and subdued him with the help of another British passenger, Chris Norman.
Post Sully and America Sniper, Clint Eastwood will continue his streak of regular-guys-turned-unexpected-heroes movie making. The latter snapped up more than $700 million at the box office worldwide and a string of Oscar nominations, including one for Best Picture.
Election présidentielle : Jean-Luc Mélenchon devance François Fillon selon un nouveau sondage
Un taux de volatilité de 34% . 6 % des personnes interrogées n'ont pas exprimé d'intention de vote au premier tour. François Fillon est lui aussi en hausse d'un point à 19% selon ce sondage Ipsos-Sopra Steria pour " Le Monde ".
The famed director, 86, is planning a film adaptation of the 2015 terror attack thwarted by three Americans on a European train, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Mr Stone also had to stick his fingers into an injured man's neck to stem the bleeding until paramedics arrived.
In an interview with a San Francisco journalist previous year, Sadler said there was interest in turning the book into a movie, and that he and his friends "sent an autographed copy to Clint Eastwood hoping he'll direct".
- Présidentielle 2017: Macron creuse son avance sur Le Pen (sondage)
- Montpellier : un street-artiste relooke les panneaux des candidats
- Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus OtterBox Cases Now Available
- Cedric 'The Entertainer' talks about his friend, Charlie Murphy — SIMPLY JESSICA
- Sondage présidentielle 2017 Ifop: Mélenchon passe devant Fillon, Macron stable, Marine chute
- Présidentielle : Mélenchon se rapproche de Le Pen et Macron (sondage)
- Présidentielle 2017. Sondage "rolling": Macron fait la course en tête
- Présidentielle 2017: deux sondages placent Macron en tête devant Le Pen
- Le tirage du loto du mercredi 19 avril
- Macron et Le Pen toujours en tête mais en baisse (sondage) — Présidentielle