His last directorial effort, Sully, about the titular passenger plane pilot who made a successful emergency landing on New York's Hudson River in 2009, became a hit for Eastwood and lead actor Tom Hanks past year (16), while 2014 release American Sniper, which starred Bradley Cooper as Navy S.E.A.L. sniper Chris Kyle, won an Oscar for sound editing in 2015.
The movie will be based on the book The 15:17 to Paris: The True Story of a Terrorist, a Train, and Three American Heroes, which was written by Sadler, Skarlatos, Stone and Jeffrey E. Stern. The three Americans - two of them off-duty members of the armed forces - charged at the gunman and subdued him with the help of another British passenger, Chris Norman.
Post Sully and America Sniper, Clint Eastwood will continue his streak of regular-guys-turned-unexpected-heroes movie making. The latter snapped up more than $700 million at the box office worldwide and a string of Oscar nominations, including one for Best Picture.
Keppel O&M posts Q1 loss in 'very challenging' offshore market
Meanwhile, Keppel's investment division also reported strong gains, ending the quarter with a $181m yield. Pre-tax earnings of the O&M division slumped by 99 percent to $1 million.
The famed director, 86, is planning a film adaptation of the 2015 terror attack thwarted by three Americans on a European train, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Mr Stone also had to stick his fingers into an injured man's neck to stem the bleeding until paramedics arrived.
In an interview with a San Francisco journalist previous year, Sadler said there was interest in turning the book into a movie, and that he and his friends "sent an autographed copy to Clint Eastwood hoping he'll direct".
- Smith to start for Cavs; Pacers make lineup change in Game 3
- L'extension Winterfest est annoncée pour le mois de mai — Steep
- Car gets dragged along California freeway as driver waves for help
- Atlus Registers a Few Domains That Point Towards More Persona 5
- Macmillan backs Bill O'Reilly after Fox News sacking
- Russian Federation and United States of America , after Tillerson talks, agree modest steps to mend ties
- China criticizes North Korea, praises US on nuclear issue
- Senator McConnell Comments on HHS Grants to Combat Opioid Addiction
- Last killer whale born at SeaWorld
- Tesla : rappel de 53.000 voitures après un problème de freins