This placed Gallia 13th out of 88 counties, in terms of unemployment.
Statistics SA released the survey on Friday, and noted employment now stands at 9.69 million South Africans. The agency says the country's unemployment rate crept up in March to 6.7 per cent from 6.6 per cent because more people were looking for work. Meigs' unemployment rate for February was 10.2 percent, down from January's 10.9 percent.
The government said average hourly earnings rose 0.2 percent from the previous month, compared with 0.3 percent in February, which was up 2.8 percent from a year earlier. One person can be employed, but have two jobs, so that would count as two jobs in the payroll survey but one person employed. That's the lowest rate since December 2007.
March marked Calgary's fourth straight month where the jobless rate dropped, but ninth consecutive month with Canada's highest unemployment rate.
According to the US Department of Labor, the world's largest economy created 98,000 jobs in March, falling way short of the 175,000 analysts expected and recording one of the slowest rate of growth in nearly a year.
Background and Analysis: On a year-over-year (y/y) basis (March 2017 over March 2016), total nonfarm employment was up 1.5%, and monthly job gains have averaged approximately 182,000 over the past 12 months. It created 6,000 jobs in March, down from 59,000 in February.
Kevin Gates Denied Bail In Weapons Case
But he was arrested on an outstanding warrant in the weapons case as he was being processed out of jail. Gates is now locked up in the Kendall County jail on a felony weapons charge .
Professional and business services was the fastest-growing employment sector in March, gaining 56,000 jobs, according to the report.
Albemarle County's unemployment decreased from 3.6 percent in January to 3.3 percent in February.
The new figure represented the weakest job creation since May 2016.
Some analysts believe the major storm on the East Coast in March skewed some of the jobs figures and are waiting to see what happens in the April. Mining and logging lost 700 jobs. They added just 16,000 net new jobs in March, the fewest in 15 months, after payrolls had increased by 66,000 in February. This week, Payless Shoes, which has about 4,000 stores and employes more than 20,000 people, said it would file for bankruptcy and close hundreds of outlets.
Information for this article provided by the ODJFS and WorkForce West Virginia.
- Attention, votre casque Bose vous espionnerait
- Zacks Investment Research Upgrades Trevena Inc (TRVN) to Hold
- Mattis says North Korea missile test meant to provoke
- 13 planning attacks on Christians arrested in Egypt
- Legislators criticize reported closure of EPA Chicago office
- Oilers ripped apart by Sharks, series tied 2-2
- Serena Williams announces she's pregnant with first baby in cute photo
- Un second tour Mélenchon-Le Pen "effrayant" pour le pays, selon Bayrou
- U.S. cargo ship successfully launched to space station, 360-degree view fails
- Sacked news host Bill O'Reilly blasts 'unfounded' harassment claims