Niceta Lloyd previously worked as account executive at Northern Virginia-based Design Cuisine, a high-brow event planning and catering company that worked alongside the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies to cater the inaugural luncheon in the US Capitol in January.
The first lady, who will remain in NY for at least six more months as her 10-year-old son finishes school, praised Niceta Loyd's experience in a statement.
Lloyd's style was described in the release as perfectly aligning with that of first lady Trump.
As the White House social secretary, Niceta Lloyd along with the First Lady, will oversee all social events and gatherings, from official state dinners, White House social calendar events, official policy-related events, to the First Lady's initiatives, the statement noted. She's also assisted the State Department's Office of Protocol with events with several secretaries of state.
Nicolas Sarkozy "glousse de plaisir" selon ses proches — Penelope Gate
Je ne suis pas un animal de fête de Paris, je suis le genre de personne qui préfère être assise à observer et écouter les autres. N'écoutez pas ceux qui disent que ce sont nos propres amis qui pour se venger des uns et des autres ont monté cette affaire.
"First Lady Melania Trump is pleased to announce the appointment of Anna Cristina Niceta Lloyd as the White House social secretary", the statement said on Wednesday.
"I am looking forward to sharing my ideas and traditions of entertaining and social hospitality to America's house, my new home as well".
Lloyd's husband Thomas Lloyd is the grandson of Bunny Mellon, whose husband Paul Mellon was friend and mentor to former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy. Her lawyer in a libel case Monday claimed that Trump had planned to "launch a broad-based commercial brand" using her exposure as first lady, selling "apparel accessories, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, hair care, skin care and fragrance".
"They want to get it right", said one person familiar with Melania's approach to putting together an East Wing staff, which at full strength could number two dozen.
- Anton Pilipa, porté disparu depuis cinq ans, est retrouvé au Brésil
- Reprise du procès de Laurent Gbagbo
- Le chef des renseignements limogé — Pyongyang
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Attentat au Louvre ? Irruption d'un homme armé d'un couteau, neutralisé
- Bernardo Silva espère revenir jouer à Benfica — Monaco
- Affaire Pénélope Fillon : Le Canard Enchaîné alourdit la note
- Nintendo Switch : Toutes les informations
- Les ressortissants de 7 pays dont 3 d'Afrique interdits d'accès aux USA
- United States air raids hit Afghan Taliban after tunnel attack