A Canadian man missing for almost five years has been found alive, wandering in a Brazilian Amazon city thousands of miles away from where he was last seen.
A family in Vancouver, Canada, was shocked when they found their 39-year-old son in the Amazon jungle and learned that he had walked barefoot across two continents with nothing but the clothes on his back for 6,500-miles.
His family spent years searching for the former humanitarian worker, and had nearly given up hope before a call come out of the blue.
A Canadian-born Brazilian police officer spotted Pilipa in Manaus, Brazil shuffling down a dirt track in bare feet.
Incredibly, with the help of several worldwide agencies and embassies, she was able to track down his family who flew down to be reunited with their lost loved one.
He told CBC Toronto: "I feel amazed that he's alive and had made it that far". "I am very happy to be able to return to my family".
Pilipa had one mission on his long journey - to visit the National Library of Buenos Aires in Argentina.
Rita Ora Flashes Bare Butt in See-Through Gym Pants
Queen Bey broke the news on Instagram, alongside the caption: "We would like to share our love and happiness". The news follows Beyonce's recent album "Lemonade", which appeared accuse Jay Z of being unfaithful.
"I've never felt alone", added the former humanitarian worker. "It's been a lot of thinking for years, sleeping in the open".
Pilipa is now back on his medication and will have to face charges that were pending when he disappeared in 2012.
In 2011, before his diagnosis, he was charged with weapons and assault offences. "But was he trying to avoid [the charges]? He was restless. That is the major form of his mental illness". "We hit a wall". Anton is a different type from us Brazilians, he stands out.
He was taken to a hospital in Porto Velho where police reached out on Twitter, and to local embassies to try and discover his identity.
Finally, officer Helenice Campos - the officer who found him wandering on the road, was able to get in touch with Anton's family.
The family began raising money to get their brother home, but then tragedy struck; Anton fled the hospital.
Brazilian police posted a picture of the highway where Pilipa was seen..
- Le chef des renseignements limogé — Pyongyang
- Canceled Fallout 3 Game Revealed By Obsidian CEO
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Cristina Cordula sublïïïme seins nus sous sa robe — Photos
- Un juge suspend le décret anti-immigration de Donald Trump — États-Unis
- Présidentielle Intentions de vote : Macron double Fillon pour affronter Le Pen
- United States air raids hit Afghan Taliban after tunnel attack
- FLOTUS Announces WH Social Secretary Anna Christina Niceta Lloyd
- Affaire Pénélope Fillon : Le Canard Enchaîné alourdit la note
- Nicolas Sarkozy "glousse de plaisir" selon ses proches — Penelope Gate